Dos Rios Station
*Give us your input on the Dos Rios Station below!!!
The Center for Public Interest Design has begun an exciting collaboration with Sacramento Regional Transit (SacRT) and other local partners on the design of three light rail stations in Sacramento, California. The Dos Rios Station is the first of the three projects, and will be located on a complex site in the rapidly changing Twin Rivers neighborhood. The CPID will lead a series of engagement activities throughout the project in order to encourage a participatory design process toward a station architecture that reflects the hopes and needs of the project stakeholders. The CPID is using this opportunity to further explore design strategies for the area that emerged through its multi-year collaboration with the Sacramento Area Council of Governments. One critical approach that was identified through this work recognizes that expanding the role that a transit station might play in a community offers opportunities to provide much-needed amenities and placemaking to underserved neighborhoods. Please check back for updates on the project and consider offering your input below. Thanks!
Upcoming Engagement Events
When: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Optional site tour: 2:00 p.m. – meet at the corner of North 12th Street and Sproule Avenue
- Charrette: 3:00 to 6:30 p.m. – Smythe Academy Auditorium
Where: Smythe Academy, 700 Dos Rios Street, Sacramento 95811
Why Attend? To share your interest and viewpoints about the Dos Rios light rail station.
Light refreshments will be served.
Project Schedule & Reports:
- Station Alternatives Analysis – 2006
- Preliminary design – mid-2014 through 2015
- Focus group and Public Workshops – April 2015
- Environmental clearance for “Twin Rivers Transit-Oriented Development and Light Rail Station” – CEQA: 2017, NEPA: under review by the FTA
- Center for Public Interest Design (CPID) outreach – Spring 2018
- Final Design – 2019
- Construction – 24 months+ (when funded)